Monday, October 14, 2013

FIGHTING OFF COLDS | NATURAL + HOLISTIC SOLUTIONS

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in a few days. We are all fighting off a cold right now! Sick mommy, sick newborn, & a sick 2 year old is no fun!

Isn't it interesting how in the last 10 years or so there has been a large push for "natural." Going green, recycling, etc. There seems to be a natural remedy for just about everything. Natural is in. A few years ago it was a response to have "fake" and "plastic" everything and everyone use to be, but now it's because it's what's truly best for us. I've never been a fan of medication, so fighting off colds can be tricky. Lots of vitamins, soup, orange juice, warm baths, etc. usually is how I handle a cold. Of course, on occasion, I have to breakdown and take an antibiotic (which doesn't make me happy). Now that I have kids I definitely want to continue giving/taking the least amount of medications as possible and try the more holistic approach.


What are some natural/holistic remedies and approaches you use to get well?