Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WORK IT, GIRL!

As most of you know we recently welcomed a beautiful little girl, Isla, into the world about 4 weeks ago. Being a new mom (even a second time) is tricky for a few reasons. Beyond caring for a newborn there is caring for yourself. The latter is much harder. Many parents understand that finding "you time" is almost impossible, but for your sanity, it must be found.

And yes, there are many different ways to take care of yourself; eating healthy, sleeping more, exercising, etc. My personal favorites are "therapeutic" shopping, mani/pedi's, and my weakness - Pinterest. None of which include the prior mentioned. I realized a long time ago that I don't like to workout or even eat healthy, but also don't like feeling unattractive or more recently, overweight. (now here comes the pity party) Yes, I just had a baby, but let's face it, no one wants to look in the mirror and not like what they see. I wanna look good naked people!

With that being said, David has started me on a workout regimen called the Spartacus Workout. He does it as a warm-up before he works out. I'm not in the kind of shape to do that, so it's my main workout! This workout is amazing and it's a killer - you can immediately feel results. I'm not trying to bulk up, I'm trying to sculpt and lean out. Also, I do everything in my living room either before the kids wake up in the morning or during their nap time. I've started slow because my body is still trying to repair itself. I do the circuit only once right now. It suggests 3x! I encourage moms (and dads) to try this workout. David swears by it (and for good reason!)

I encourage everyone to try this at least once! Post your feedback below!! I can't wait to hear what you guys think. Also, check out my "work it" board on Pinterest for some more great workouts!



What are some other workouts that you found successful?

What healthy eating choices have you recently made?